|Serious face in Portland|
The next morning, I placed a call to the transplant coordinator in Seattle to let them now what was up. The team at UW, being responsible for me as a potential transplant recipient, wanted to be involved in my care. They were in touch with my doctors in Portland, and asked that I be transferred up as soon as a bed was available.
|Serious face in Seattle|
So, I'm feeling much better at this point, but there is still fluid left to deal with. I was on some real heavy doses of diuretics in Portland, and everyone involved decided my kidneys needed a break. They are trying out new medicines and tweaking with doses of others to improve my heart function and how I feel in general. I think, whether or not they are successful, what can be accomplished with me through medicinal management is just about run out. They may send me home feeling better, but that might not last more than a few weeks. I just have a feeling that there is going to need to be a more aggressive intervention. If not a transplant soon, than an LVAD.
Weight: 210 lbs, Symptoms: Shortness of breath, light-headedness, constant
fatigue, some nausea, anxiety, depression