Tuesday, June 12, 2018

A Finish Line



After today, it's all over but the grading. The term is at an end and I'll have something like 10 or 11 days off once I'm done with all of the bookkeeping. I had an awesome group for my first ever statistics class and now I don't know why I was so hesitant to teach it. Being able to string a few days together soon where I can just recover from all of the work I've had to do over the past couple of weeks is going to be amazing.

Also, the move is done! We had a ton of help from some awesome people, and the house was just about in order by the end of day one. I still have an office to set up and a good pile of boxes to unpack, but it's totally livable, and I couldn't be happier there. The dogs couldn't be happier either. Melinda has continued to power through and get things done. I don't know where I'd be without her. Here's the backyard, I'll post a few pictures of the inside once I finish off my box pile.

I guess the only thing bringing me back down to earth is the return and worsening of some of my symptoms. I'm really experiencing chest pain like I hadn't before, the nausea is back, and the shortness of breath is more frequent and severe. My next scheduled appointment with my cardiologist is next Monday, and I think there is a small but real chance I will be admitted and have my final evaluation expedited. I'm not sure how long of a hospital stay that would mean, but it could be a while if they decide to go with a procedure. Anyway, I don't know what to expect, so I'd better try not to worry about it so much.

I'm happy to say that I've talked to both of my sisters in the last few days. They've found some of my mom's old journals where she might have kept track of some of her symptoms and medical progress. I'm not sure how useful they will be, but I can't wait to see them out of curiosity alone. I'm also grateful that both of my sisters are making plans to come out here and help me through parts of my recovery.

Weight: 208.6, Symptoms: Increased shortness of breath, frequent chest pain, mild nausea, some light-headedness

2 comments: